Monday, October 24, 2011

Lots to write about since my last post. On Thursday (the 20th), Goldman and Mike Lynch took me as far as Columbia where we met Beth, Scott's girlfriend. I went on to KCMO with Beth (where she lives), and Goldman and Lynch went on down to the lake house. It was guys' weekend at the lake house for work and play. They had a fish fry one night so must have caught some crappie or catfish. I nagged them to send pictures, but they didn't pay me any attention.

Beth and I got to her house rather late and hadn't eaten so she fixed us a bite and gave me my pills, and I went to bed. If anyone reads this blog, I'm sure you knew we were going to the JJ's in Plattsburgh Friday evening. I knew that JJ's restaurant is Julie's. Donald said Jennifer would be there. I assumed that meant, Jennifer would be there, TOO. We went in the one in Plattsburgh; and, since I didn't see either one, I asked for Jennifer. I think it was a customer who answered me when I said I was her aunt. He told me Julie was off and that Jennifer was at the other JJ's in Cameron. Beth is so patient and thoughtful. I wasn't sure that perhaps we should just eat elsewhere, but Beth said she didn't mind the drive now from Plattsburgh to Cameron and then back to KCMO, all that evening. I'm so glad we went to Jennifer's JJ's. I felt so welcome, and Jennifer is a delight. Jennifer had only found out at 5:00 from a text from Donald that I was coming. We both agreed he could have called me.

After a leisurely day on Saturday, Beth took me half way to meet John (of John and Jana) to spend the evening with them. We met some of the rest of the family at Chuckie Cheese where they were playing games. I believe the men won as many tickets as the little ones but didn't squabble over prizes which you redeem for an assortment of desired objects. We had a delicious dinner at John and Jana's home and waited in anticipation of the Cardinal game. When Beth and I were waiting for John at the halfway point, A scroungy fellow came out of Walgreen's. Beth asked if that was John. It wasn't. She said if it were, she wouldn't let me go with him. When he arrived looking clean-cut and wearing a K State shirt, she said it was okay if I left with him.

The kids were good and really seem to like their great Aunt Sue, though the boys just probably don't know me as well. As I was leaving, Ellie hugged me and said "I love you, Aunt Sue". Beth had had a Halloween party at her house for some of her students and friends while I was at the Moore's. She still managed to drop me off, make homemade pizza, have the party and pick me up at the halfway point later in the evening.

Sunday morning was the day the guys all had to break up their lake weekend, and I had to go back home. Beth got up early and baked Aunt Rose the I Phone cake (see photo from yesterday's entry), decorated it, and then drove me over to Kingdom City to meet Scott. Scott and I got to St. Louis about 2:00 pm. I was exhausted, and he still had a long, long drive to Louisvile.

We are still on the hunt for a caregiver for me at the lake into the Fall and early winter. Good weather is rapidly giving way to winter weather, so I am eager to find someone. This is what I need:

1. Someone who drives and owns a reliable car, and can take us back and forth as well as run errands, etc.
2. Someone who will prepare meals, do laundry, and keep house.
3. Someone who will manage my medications, which must be precisely and timely administered.
4. Someone who can set up my toothbrush, comb my hair, serve and cut my food, and put on my socks and shoes for me.
5. Someone who can take me grocery shopping.
6. Someone who can be with me except for short periods of time (two to three hours) every day and night.

In exchange for this kind of care, I can offer room and board, gasoline, and a small salary.

IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE INTERESTED, PLEASE CALL ME (314) 452-3685. I've had several leads, but nothing has worked out.

No comments: