Monday, October 17, 2011

This may take me a while because I have quite a bit of news to post. FIRST - The new possible companion just left. She seemed like she might be THE ONE. She fits all the qualifications we had established, and Rose and I both think she might work out. The one thing we've yet to talk about is salary. She didn't quote a price and we didn't give her a salary from our side. We're hoping to start a trial period Oct. 24 to Nov. 15, and I hope we can make a deal.

Last week on Thursday, Margaret, Rose, and I traversed down to the lake house. Rose and Margaret were both amazed at how neat things were. We had called Joe and convinced him to come up for dinner. He took us to Ruthie D's which is a very nice place (but not Brayden's favorite as he prefers a Big Mac or White Castle).

My three siblings left and Mad Dog came over from his Dad's. Chris got there in time for most of the Cardinal game Friday evening. Mad Dog grilled steaks for supper, which we ate while we watched the Cardinals. On Saturday morning, much to my delight, Jeff, my neighbor who lived down the street from us there when he was much younger, arrived. He is currently doing some training at Ft. Leonard Wood prior to a year in Afghanistan. His family is in Ft. Lewis WA. He has 2 little girls.

The guys are having a guys weekend this weekend, so that's why the companion may not start until the 24th. Next Thursday Goldman and Lynch (on their way to the lake house) will take me to Columbia where Beth will meet us. She and I will go on to Kansas City where Beth lives. On Friday evening we plan to have dinner at JJ's in Plattsburgh. Donald said Jennifer will be there. I hope Julie will be there too.

I'm going over to see John and Jana and the girls Saturday night. Jana called me down at the lake house this weekend and "Could she speak to Aunt Sue? " Everybody calls "Mom" so Chris wasn't sure who was calling.

Keep hoping this possible companion works out and her rates are affordable.

No comments: