Friday, November 25, 2011

Finally got some news from down around Springfield though they did not take any pictures. Brother Joe did say though they forgot to take the pictures, they definitely did not forget to enjoy the food. He and Mary were guests of David, Beth, and Lydia. Dave and M.E. were guests of her mom at the Tower Club. Joe wasn't sure where Lisa and Jack dined but thought they were with Jack's Dad and Uncle. The BIG THREE (Lisa, Beth, and Lydia) are shopping tonight. Joe's words: "We're staying home for Black Friday."

Margaret stayed with Sabrina both Wednesday and Thursday nights and said she baked five pies for the Thanksgiving occasion. As you can see from the pictures, we had a nice group here. My first great granddaughter, whom I've yet to meet, couldn't be here because she's so early to bed and early to rise, and it was going too late an evening for her. The parents, my granddaughter Katie and her husband Austin live in Lawrence, KS. and had come in late the night before and were staying at Mark and Karen's.

Scott and the boys arrived a short while ago. Scott was going on down to the lake house to meet Beth for the weekend, and we get to have the boys. They got busy right away with their computers and video games. I think we're having some of our wonderful leftovers for dinner. I'm back to riding the exercycle and walking on the treadmill daily and striving to increase time and speed on both by keeping a record of what I did in previous days.

Margaret called me while I was typing this. She had a call his afternoon from a police department in Kansas who had found her number in Mary Pauline's house. The police department had found Mary Pauline confused and in disarray. The house was a total mess. I think Ralph was there but the police told Margaret he wasn't much better. They took Mary to the nearest hospital. I called Jana after Margaret called, and she suggested I call Debby who lives closer to Mary Pauline. Debby and her husband Joe will find more information when they can and let us know.

[For those who don't know who Mary Pauline is, she is my first cousin, daughter of Dad's brother Edward. She had a twin sister Nadine who died in a car accident in the 60's and a brother James who died in a car accident in the 40's. Debby is the daughter of my late brother Bob who has known Mary Pauline all her life, too.[

The Kansas group of Felins are going to celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. Debby and Joe are having it at their house, and both Jana and Debby have promised to send pictures. I think John is going to smoke a turkey. Can you make dressing with a smoked turkey?

We'll post word about Mary Pauline as we get it.

No comments: