Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2011 Christmas at 905 Barnard College Lane

Looks like Kansas has a blizzard this morning. Brother Joe told me last night this was happening. Just a lot of rain here in Missouri. I wanted Joe to come up and see me this week but he's busy so I gave him a raincheck which could have been literal. He said I was using fancy words with 'literal'.

 Our Christmas brunch was a huge success. Everyone brought some additions for the menu and helped with the cleanup. The attendees were Scott, Beth, Jalen, Brayden, Shelly, Chris, Mark, Karen, Drew, Shirley, Rose and me. Santa brought Mark and Karen Fit Bits (which measures and clocks your daily exercise) and Mark spent some time on the stairs there checking his out. I kept an eye on him to make sure he wasn't using the stairlift.

 I was reading some old entries on the blog this morning. In 2009, Pete and Janet hosted Christmas breakfast for seven of their family. Nancy brought monkey bread. Rose and I figured back then that this was something else that Pete had deemed 'monkey bread'. On Sunday, Shelly brought monkey bread! I went in the kitchen for more after everyone left and there wasn't a morsel to be had. Janet, is this one of your delicious recipes and is that really the name of it?

No comments: