Friday, December 16, 2011

Chris took me to finish Christmas shopping and to dinner last night. Mostly, we sat in traffic! Rose and I have a couple errands today, and then I'm going to Chris and Shelly's for dinner and they're going to do my gift wrapping for me. Scott and the boys will get here late tonight, and Beth will arrive in the morning. We're having our family Christmas Sunday morning since five of the guys are going to the Rams game. The game starts at noon, and Scott was reluctant about their going for fear it would offend us if they left early. We assured him that we would rather them do what they wanted to do. Thank you, Mark Lary and Drew, the donor of the tickets!

It was one year ago tomorrow that I broke my ankle. Mark Lary and I had gone to Evansville, IL., earlier that day. I spent the next three months in an extended care facility. The blog has all the details. I did make some nice friends and play many games of Bingo. I had faithful visitors too.

I talked to Margaret one day this week. She had been to her primary care physician for her checkup after her bout with pneumonia. She doesn't have to go back for six months. I also talked to Donald for a little while. He and Vita and the grandchildren are leaving Plattsburgh for California the day after Christmas. I guess that means they're spending Christmas in Missouri. Brother Joe and I talk (IM) quite often. When I get back to the lake (which will probably the 18th), I hope he will come see me.

No comments: