Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm up early today, as usual, before every one else, but also went to bed first, also as usual. When Scott and the boys arrived Friday night around 9:30 they could see through the front window that I was still up. "That's surprising' was Brayden's retort. Soon after their arrival, I was down for the night. Santa brought Brayden an electric guitar, and Jalen got an iPhone. Jalen waited very patiently to go get his phone Saturday morning at the Apple store while the rest of us got serenaded by Brayden learning to play the electric guitar. He's learning quickly. Remember, he knows there's no Santa because he googled the idea last year, so it was okay for them to get presents early.

I had dinner at Chris and Shelly''s Friday evening, and they finished my gift wrapping for me. Beth is here from Kansas City. We're going to have a Christmas brunch today because Scott and the boys, Mark and Karen, and Drew are going to the Rams game, which begins at noon. Scott and boys park over in Illinois, take the Metrolink to the stadium, then leave directly from the game for Louisville. Pete and Janet called with their Saturday call. The call was a bit late, and Rose and I had just commented on that when my phone rang. They had overslept!

Cameron and I will leave for the lake house either this afternoon or in the morning. We will stay until Thursday or Friday and didn't discuss any times further in the future. Goldman will be off school some if I should need him.

,

No comments: