Saturday, December 10, 2011

Correction to original post.  I earlier neglected to add Monica to the cast.  See below.

Sandi Fellin (daughter of Maudie and our late brother Bernie) sent Sue this newsy e-mail from Portland yesterday:


"Hi Aunt Sue,

Thanks for the phone call today. I enjoyed getting the update from you
on the STL clan! We are all feeling the cold here - it's been clear and
cold here (for us). I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving was nice. I
cooked for Tyson, Monica and some of their friends. Cyndi hosted
Thanksgiving for the rest of the family in Olympia. Mom drove over and
Glenn and Steve drove up from my area. Mom drove to Ellensburg and
picked up Kyle who then drove them over the mountain pass and through
Seattle and down to Olympia. Then they did the same thing in reverse.
Kyle is at school at Central Washington University so it worked out
great for them to ride together.

I got a Christmas Card from Mom today, (my first one!). She said they
will be cutting a tree from her property there for Christmas. How neat
is that?! We are having Christmas in Spokane at Mom's this year. I'm
really looking forward to it.

I have to run since I'm working tonight, so more later.
Thanks for the call!
Love to you and the rest of the Clan!
Blessings,
Sandi"

Thanks, Sandi!

We realize for any readers not familiar with our family that this Blog must seem like a Russian novel in which it is impossible to keep up with the characters.  And like a Russian novel, many of our far-flung family have nicknames that complicate.  Here is a guide for Sandi's post:

Tyson - Sandi's son
Monica - granddaughter of Maudie and Bernie, daughter of their second daughter, Peggy
Cyndi - Youngest daughter of Maudie and Bernie, sister to Sandi
Mom - Maudie, widow of brother Bernie
Glenn and Steve - Sons of Maudie and Bernie
Kyle - Son of Cyndi

Sorry that I can be of no help in understanding the geography of Oregon and Washington!

Rose

No comments: