Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012

We're starting the New Year but still need updates and pictures from friends and other members of the family.  Rose and Brayden are over at the school across the street.  She's doing laps and he's riding his skateboard.  He went to the Rams game this afternoon with Chris and Shelly and one of her cousins.  Brayden predicted the Rams would lose, and he was right!

Shirley's friend and her eleven-year-old daughter  have been visiting with us since Thursday.  They are Dena and Layla and I've met them before - once even in summer at the lake.  They're from Bloomington, Indiana.  Layla and Brayden played a lot of Scrabble, but it's the old fashioned kind and not electronic.  I believe they do some X-Box too, whatever that is.    Brayden went to work with Uncle Ding on Friday and got to play wiffleball with Drew and another kid.  They had lunch at the Bread Company and Ding did treat though he had said Brayden could.

It's windy and cold outside.  Rose and Brayden just came back in.  I talked to Pete and Janet a couple times last week.  I think Margaret was going to be at Sabrina's for New Years Eve.  I had dinner at Chris and Shelly's but was home and in bed and was not awake to usher in the New Year.  Rose, Shirley, Dena, Layla, and Brayden spent the evening with dinner here, and I'm sure I went to bed before any of those five even thought about it.

Brayden has school Tuesday so he has to leave tomorrow.  Beth has been in Louisville visiting Scott for the last several days but she has to go back to school on Tuesday, same as both boys.  Chris is driving halfway to meet Scott where he will deliver Brayden and me.  I plan on staying until Saturday or Sunday, again when I can make arrangements to return to St. Louis.

No comments: