Friday, January 27, 2012

Lake Companion and Therapy

I finally have some eventful news to report.  I've found a companion to stay with me at the lake house for a few days anyway.  Her name is Patsy and she's friends with all three of us here at the Barnard College house.  She and her husband are in the process of moving back to North Carolina so her stay with me will be only a week which I truly wish could be much longer.  She and I will go down Monday morning and she has to be here in St. Louis Friday.  She asked me if I knew the way down there.  I told her I do since I've been there 30 years.

I started occupational and physical therapies again today.  I went back to The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis.  I have had therapy here before and Denny went there for therapy after his stroke.  The session today was mostly evaluation of my current goals and strength.  The occupational therapist was amazed when I explained to her how I type and that I'd kept the blog as long as I had.  She was going to suggest the 'red thing' and a pencil with an eraser to other therapists.  A goal of therapy is to accomplish things you can do again when you couldn't for some time.  Typing and the computer would be classified as accomplishments in many instances, mine for example.

Chris and I are going out to eat tonight.  Shelly may have jet lag but I hope she can join us.  Rose and Shirley have a meeting they have to go to.  Since Patsy has to come back to St. Louis next Friday,  I'm hoping Goldman or Chris can come down that day and I can just stay until Patsy has to go.

No comments: