Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jewell, the cat

I haven't posted for a while so will try to catch up some. Linda will pick me up Monday at 1:00 pm, and we'll go back down to the lake house. Chris and Shelly are coming next weekend, and Linda can go home to babysit her grandson for a while on Friday. Mad Dog will come over to be there anyway as he has some staining on the deck to finish, and people are uneasy about my staying alone.

I had dinner with Chris and Shelly one night this week and Chris took me out another night by himself because Shelly had to work. On Friday evening, Rose, Shirley, Chris, Shelly, and I (and lots of other people) went to an art exhibit that Jeanne Rohen was displaying down in old St. Charles. It was Jeanne's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Jeanen!! Rose and I have known Jean since high school. It was a pleasure to see her and her family.

Joe sent me a link to Lydia's blog. I was able to pull it up (and she can make paragraphs). I'm still trying. Lydia's sorority found a stray cat. When Lydia went to Jordan, Joe and Mary adopted the cat. The cat is now named Jewell. I asked him how Pepper gets along with Jewell. He says 'not like a cat and a dog'. I assume they are not combative.

 Rose will probably post some pictures later.  She and I went to a basketball game this afternoon to watch Brett, Margaret's grandson, play. Margaret and Dave and Sabrina (Brett's parents) were also there. It was a much more exciting game than we had anticipated. All of us thought that perhaps the referees miscalculated some calls, or to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe Rose and I didn't know the rules.

Pete called Saturday morning. He was back over in Idaho Falls for a few days. Nancy stayed with Janet. Janet is getting lots of therapy and is sitting up some but retaining quite a bit of fluid. The best news is that she is permanently off the ventilator, will have the trach closed next week, and may be home by Thanksgiving! She says this will be her third time learning how to walk, once as a toddler, once after polio, and now after this trial.  Our prayers are with you, Janet.

No comments: