Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Long Walk

Wanted to make a short insert that I walked 3.9 miles yesterday!  My daily exertions, time, distance, speed, activity level, are registered on my Fitbit.  This little device is truly a motivator and awfully good for my health.  This distance topped my previous long walk of 2.2 since I broke my ankle.  Toward the end of it, I was practically leaning on Chris but it was farther to go back than to reach the car.  My toothbrush had fallen out of my bag into Grove's trunk on the way back from the lake so Ding and I went by there and got it after we walked.  Then he took me to Steak and Shake for supper.

I got my hair cut yesterday afternoon.  The hairdresser is the one who introduced me to both Linda and Peggy.  Peggy's mother was there right before I was.  I asked Bobby, who washes hair, which one she was.  Bobby didn't know who I was talking about.  Peggy's mom left about then.  Stephanie, my hairdresser, walked by and Bobby flagged her down and when Stephanie saw me, she went running toward the exit to see if she could catch Peggy's mom.  She couldn't and was so apologetic for having forgotten.  Stephanie does great work and does hair for Shirley, Rose, Linda, Peggy, Peggy's  Mom. and me and sometimes we have to wait for appointments.

Peggy and I are going back down to the lake house on Friday afternoon.  I've given Brother Joe a rain check on coming to see me but may 'cash in' on it.

No comments: