Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lake Times

I started a post and lost it so I'll start again.  I talked to Mike Madden on Saturday.  He had just been to see Aunt Virginia, the widow of mother's brother Curtis.  She will be 87 next month and is the last one  of that generation living.    Mike also told me his age but probably doesn't want me to post it.  He told me his wine business hadn't done so well this year because the deer have been so prolific they've eaten lots of the grapes.  Pete also said Idaho potatoes have been plentiful, and he and Janet eat them three times a week.   So do we.

Goldman had to leave Sunday before Jeff and Randy got here and was sorry he missed them.  Mad Dog and the guys made a wonderful supper of pork chops and fried potatoes.  Between the two of them, Jeff and Randy caught 42 crappie.  The temperature outside didn't hinder them and it was bitter cold.  They dressed when they went out and looked like they were headed for combat.  Rightly so, Jeff has been to Afghanistan but now lives in Seattle and is a married man with two little girls.

Linda arrived yesterday and Mad Dog showed her about starting a fire and maneuvering NetFlix.   Scott and Chris got the NetFlix and remote for me for Christmas.  When I can't be outside, it's sure good to have.

I wanted to go down to Marshfield tomorror and go to the old library which is now a museum.  I called and it's only open Friday afternoon until March.  I'll probably go home with Linda on Friday.

No comments: