Sunday, April 14, 2013

I noticed Gazelle.com has advertised on this blog.  Ever since I owned my first Apple iPhone, I have been sold on Apple products, but they are very expensive.  Nephew Chris put me onto a website, Gazelle.com, which buys used electronic products.  I have sold Gazelle a number of my used Apple products, enough so it has become a game for me.  Gazelle provides you a bid on your obsolete item, good for 30 days.  If you decide to sell it to them, they send you shipping papers, even a box if you need it.  (I always keep all the original packing materials.)  You send in your item and wait for their evaluation.  If the phone or whatever has scratches or other deficits, Gazelle will mark down their original bid by $10 or so.  It has become a contest.  I keep everything pristine, and when I buy a newer, more up-to-date replacement, I sell my old one to Gazelle.  Lately, they haven't found any flaw that would warrant a mark-down.  :)

Because of outlets that Gazelle has for older electronics, the price they offer is usually sufficient for me to purchase the latest edition.  In this way, I have had every new iPhone version, and it hasn't cost me much at all.  It helps that two other folk, Shirley and Sue, on our ATT account don't care about upgrades so there is always one available for me.

Gazell.com     A good place to cash in on your older electronic items.  My MacBook Pro is four years old this month.  It may go the way of Gazelle soon.

No comments: