Thursday, May 23, 2013

Current Events

Tomorrow is the first day of the holiday weekend. Goldman and I (Sue) will leave for the lake as soon as he gets off school. We'll probably hit some traffic here in St. Louis county but should miss a lot of it.

I walked at least 2.48 miles yesterday and probably even more. My fitbit isn't working right so I wore mine and Rose's when I thought I was doing more than mine registered. I also did my 20 minutes on the exercycle.

 Stephanie and Dan's daughter-in-law, Nicole, who is their son Nathan's wife, graduated last weekend with a doctorate in pharmacology. Quite an accomplishment!   The family went to Kansas City for the ceremony. She has taken a position with Costco (where she has worked while in school) after several offers.

 My friend Liz and her husband Dave became grandparents for the first time this weekend.  Their new grandson's name is Brayden.  Liz and Dave haven't seen him yet since the new parents live in Montana. Liz is flying out to meet Brayden on Friday.  She sent some pictures and I think Rose is going to post them.   [Liz, Brick and I used to work together at GMAC.]

Shirley got some bad news late last night. Her brother-in-law passed away. He and her sister Estelle had been married 66 years. They live in Kansas, somewhere near Hutchinson.   Shirley and Rose are going to drive out for the services and will leave in the morning.

Brother Donald called me one day this week. He wasn't sure if any of his family would be at their place at the lake for the holiday because his grandsons are quite involved in sports.  He said it may be August before he and Vita can get there.

No comments: