Monday, May 13, 2013

Fishing and the Guys

Rose is inserting a link to the article in the paper about the woman who stays with me at the lake some of the time and her family.  Rose's update will come first because I type so slowly.  Brother Joe came up to the lake one day while we were there and met Linda.   I'm in good hands.

I haven't been to the lake for a while, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  Ten old fishing buddies used it this weekend, and they have had this annual fishing excursion for years. Some had been in the service, and most are now married and have children.  The boat did get fixed and returned.

Joe bought the GMC Terrain and Rose, the Toyota Prius C.  I think it was Pete who said they buy cars every 15 years whether they need one or not.  Pete had some advice in his Saturday morning call.   'If the guys aren't catching big fish down at the lake, use bigger hooks.'  He also wanted to know what Rose is going to do with the 'Company 'Car'.  She's going to let me and Goldman use it this summer.

I had to take a break and have breakfast before I finished this post. I've been talking to one of my old GMAC (now called ALLY} friend who is now working in their Chicago office.  It's Liz, and her husband is Dave. She can't retire yet so has to work in Chicago, and Dave is self employed in St. Louis. They have two sons. One and his better half are expecting a baby any day out in Montana and the other is getting married next Saturday. The two events could coincide.

No comments: