Sunday, May 19, 2013

Waiting for Memorial Day Weekend

Sunday morning and daylight and daytime has come. We're having our coffee and looking at our computers. Joe's update was wonderful and we would like more from other members of the family and other readers. One of our pasttimes is watching for humming birds. We're not very busy at that so I do exercising and Rose practices her guitar. Needless to say, I have lots of time on my hands.

 Goldman and I were going to go across the river to see Jack (the friend I worked with who sang "Amazing Grace" at Denny's funeral) who's in an extended care facility in Belleville.  When I couldn't get a hold of him, I finally called his daughter who told me he was just leaving a hospital in Alton where he had minor surgery.  He did not have his cell phone.   I left my number and hope he calls soon. I last talked to him on Mother's Day.

 Goldman and I will go down to the lake this Friday, leaving as soon as he gets out of school. Scott and the boys are coming from Louisville, also Friday but it's a long way. Beth is coming from Kansas City.  Doug and Suzanne and the kids will get there Friday evening, too. Groves will be there but has to leave Sunday.  Mad Dog will have the air conditioner turned on Friday if we need it.

I see Rose's photo of the two servings of Linda's onion soup (Famous-Barr recipe) did not get posted.  I'll ask her to try again.

No comments: