Sunday, June 30, 2013

SUNDAY UPDATE

Rose is typing for me.  Chris and Mark Goldman visited this morning, Rose is here now, and Beth is stopping by later.

We had an amazing synchronicity last week.  Rose was in my room.  She answered her phone, and said "This is Rose."  A young CNA who works here asked her after she hung up, "Miss Rose?"  Turns out the CNA is Tamika who was in second grade at Holy Angels the last time Rose saw her.  Now she is a tall, stately, wonderful healer who rotates around various facilities in her work.  Tamika, of course, also remembered Mr. Chris who taught during those years at Holy Angels and drove the van that picked Tamika up for school.

We were close to several of Tamika's siblings, I especially to Creeola who called me "Miss Sue."  Here I am called Martha.  Tamika later said Creeola wanted to know where Miss Sue is.  I told her, "Miss Martha is Miss Sue."

I've had many visitors and lots of phone calls, Donald from Florida last week and, of course, Pete yesterday.

Brother Joe has researched information about the family that should help secure an eventual burial site for Mary Pauline, our cousin, in her family plot in Marshfield.  Rose has the information Joe provided and will post here when she can.

My recovery is slow, primarily because the medication situation is complicated with the sudden withdrawal of the trial drugs that were working well for me.  Now, because of the falls I've taken I cannot stand or walk unaided.

No comments: