Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back to the Lake

I'll start this entry this morning but may have to pause meanwhile.  Goldman and I came back down to the lake yesterday after he got back from the float trip and I had a checkup on the stent I had put on my left leg a few years back.  The staff nurse did blood pressure and xrays on both feet and legs and I didn't even have to see a doctor.  She said they would call  me if I needed any further checkups.  Whatever they did back then did relieve the pain.

Shortly after Goldman and I arrived, Mad Dog and his brother, Mike with his two sons  arrived.  They brought pork steaks and made them with fried potatoes for dinner.  Missouri finally had some rain but it looks like it might clear up and the boys are really looking forward to riding the SEA DOO with their dad.  I think Marshfield had some flash floods.

While I was in St. Louis, Rose, Shirley and I got to have Brayden.  There were lots of humming birds flying and eating.  I brought one of the feeders down with me to see if they were as fascinating here as they are there. Goldman had it hung when I got up this morning.  Brayden also liked watching for them and wants to get one in Louisville for Beth.

Chris called me yesterday since I hadn't updated and was wondering if Uncle Pete hadn't called on Saturday.  Of course he had.  After a long hot spell in Idaho, it was supposed to finally cool off.

No comments: