Sunday, September 15, 2013

Advertisement on this blog

Out of curiosity I clicked on the "Who is right about Syria" ad that appeared here.  Sure enough, it took me through a brief survey then to something from "Newsmax."  I watched some of it.  It is a pot-load of lies about Obamacare.  From where I sit, with what I know about people with pre-existing conditions, folk without medical insurance, kids who can now stay on their parents' insurance to age 26, people stuck in dead-end jobs because they dare not give up health insurance--Obamacare looks like something many of us need badly.

There is even a provision in Obamacare that would allow families able to care for a loved one at home to receive help with Medicaid.  Right now, to get Medicaid a loved one must go into a skilled nursing facility where the costs are astronomical.  Think of the savings if a family is able to keep the loved one in the home, receiving care from family members and some financial and medical help through Obamacare.

We have had quite a lot of experience with emergency rooms over the past ten years.  Believe me, there are a whole lot of people whose only alternative for medical care now is a trip to an emergency room.  An ailment or injury that might be treated in a short physician visit IF the person could afford it or IF the person has medical insurance means hours in the ER.  Who bears the incredible costs?  You and I.  Who is in the queue at the ER?  You and I.  I venture a guess that an $80 appointment with a physician translates to $1800 in the ER.  And that is probably a conservative estimate.

Obamacare is going to be like Social Security and Medicare in a few short years--something built into the fabric of our lives that gives everyone a better quality of life.

No comments: