Monday, September 09, 2013

I started posting this update and somehow lost my work.  I'm trying it again.  Doug and Mad Dog got lots accomplished this weekend.  Those men really worked up sweats.  They ate really well with Linda's cooking.  Rose, Shirley and I had some of her leftover cannelloni for dinner after Linda and I got home yesterday.

I didn't feel well all weekend and could hardly walk last night with double and blurry vision among other symptoms.  Rose called my neurologist's off-hours number.  The physician on duty told her to take me to Barnes-Jewish emergency room.  The staff there admitted me around midnight.  Two of  the neurologists have already been in to see me today.  One has started the IVIG, which I have periodic injections of anyway and was scheduled for one on September 19.   Dr. Chicoine may do the shunt to treat the NPH (diagnosed last month) as early as tomorrow.  Lots happening and very fast!

Scott told us about a quarterback, Jim McMahon, who played for the Chicago Bears.  He had many neurological problems which were finally relieved by something like the procedure Dr. Chicoine is considering for me.  I will post more when we know more.

No comments: