Saturday, September 14, 2013

Still No News

I walked with the physical therapist today.  I'm finally unwired from some of the iv's though I'm still electronically wired for oxygen level, blood pressure, and heart rate.  The therapist said she would be back tomorrow, but I'm still not allowed to do anything - or able - on my own.  She assured me we would walk farther in the morning.

Pete has called with his Saturday call morning call.  Janet was going to make relish.  Chris called and said he would be here sometime today with my daily steak burger from Steak and Shake.  It is sure a treat, especially here.  Rose just arrived with more Whole Food cookies.  Goldman  keeps in touch and thought he'd be here today or tomorrow.  Brother Joe wanted to know by email if I stayed awake for the end of that Cardinal game which of course I didn't  but he did.  Chris and Shelly were at the game and they stayed until the end.  The game tonight is at at 6;15.

I have the most  wonderful neurosurgeon and one came in this morning and said perhaps they would put the shunt in Tuesday, I'll wait to see what my neurosurgeon says.   I told him yesterday about Scott and Beth's upcoming wedding and that I was concerned about about being able to attend.  He said I would go if I had to go in an ambulance.  I haven't seen him yet today but I'm hoping he does work Saturdays.

No comments: