Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sunshiny Day

I'm still waiting for a shampoo and it's making me crazy.  The neurosurgeon hasn't given me a time for a follow up appointment and the doctor here is off today and tomorrow, so I guess I'll just have to keep toughing it out.

Beth stopped yesterday on her way back from Kansas City en route to Louisville.  We had a lovely visit and she's much more informative than Scott about preparations for the wedding.  She has everything organized and let's just hopes the weather is as good as it was here yesterday.  She and I sat in the garden, as did Rose and I while Rose was here.  Rose was also here during physical therapy and saw me walk and go farther than I had in quite some time (since last May).  Goldman came over after school.

I had dinner with Jack.  Nels wasn't up to it.  Again, Jack was upset because I wanted to come back to my room and watch the Cardinals instead of joining him in the television room.  He much prefers football and played for Notre Dame in the 60's.  Jack Simon is his name and I did find his record on google.  We've become gossip here at BJEC, and they have our table ready for us when we eat together in the dining room.  Jack is going to be upset again this evening when he learns that I'm going to come back to my room and again watch the St. Louis Cardinals.

I've had occupational therapy this morning and waiting for physical therapy.  Rose hasn't been here yet with Starbucks but is probably on the way.  We live either 5 or 7 minutes away.  That's what she says - if she speeds.

She just arrived.

No comments: