Friday, October 11, 2013

I wasn't going to update today because I didn't have any really good news to tell, but Beth just now called me with the word that she begins her new job on Monday teaching kindergarten and first grade in Jefferson County.  She had her interview this afternoon and they called her less than an hour after she got home to tell her she was hired.  She was ecstatic.  I told her not to teach the kids any bad words, but I really don't think she knows any.

I heard from Ron and Georgia Reinhardt today.  Some of you will remember that Brick and I used to work with Ron, and Ron replaced Brick as Accounting Manager.  GM retirees no longer get a discount on appliances since GM sold Frigidare.  They are also looking for a washer/dryer and watching the ads.  We vowed to get together soon.

I had my last day of physical and occupational therapy here today.  I will continue to have both at home and at the lake.

No comments: