Sunday, October 06, 2013

More of the Wedding Occasion

I spent a long time updating but lost y work.  Rose is on her way here to BJEC and maybe can help me find my post.  If she can't, and, if I have accidentally deleted my hard work, I'll just do it again.  I'll be more careful this time and perhaps repeat myself.  If I should do that. I'm sure no one will mind.

It was a lovely ceremony even though it was overcast and we had occasional slight rain, The weather man cooperated long enough for us to have the ceremony on the sun deck.  I think the sun did come out for a while after the ceremony though I'm not sure because I stayed inside.  Such a lovely occasion celebrated by all even those who weren't able to attend.  I believe the bride and groom and maybe others were staying even longer than today.  I'm not sure this constitutes their honeymoon or if they plan on another one.

We had lots of young kids there, and they were all well behaved throughout the day.  Many of them were in the wedding ceremony - more pictures which Rose and others will be posting.  (The 'others' being those that know how.)  There were even five-year old triplets, two girls and a boy, who were in the wedding!

Mad Dog, or "Care Taker" as the group has begun calling him, had the house looking spiffy.  I'm sure it will also be back in the same shape when the newly weds have to depart.  The food was out of this world, and there was three different kinds of wedding cake.  I know Beth had a lot of help but took much on herself.  Needless to say, none of the help was from me.  I'm sorry I couldn't!

I have old pictures posted all over the lake house.  Todd, Kay Berry's son, spent quite a bit of time scanning the walls trying to find one of himself.  I don't believe he ever did find one on the walls, but there is a box of pictures in my closet down there that I' sure has several of him in it.  Mad Dog has recently rearranged the wall frames.  I'll get someone to help me frame more photos, including one of Todd, and hand even more.

I've already had breakfast, lunch, and physical therapy today.  The occupational therapist came in my room and said I probably don't need that any more.  I did best at physical therapy that I've done since the shunt.  The therapist asked me if I had kids.  I replied 'No, I have middle-aged men.'

Kay Berry has such a wonderful sense of humor.  She and the wonderful occasion of the wedding cheered me up and made me hopeful again yesterday.  This has been a particularly rough patch.

No comments: