Tuesday, November 05, 2013

An Update

Sue still cannot get directly onto the "Family Gazette," so she e-mailed me her update to post:

"I'm up early and not much news since last post, but wanted to add a thank you to Brother Joe for his news.  Perhaps with the Museum being closed until May and my getting out of here, we can get together.  Meanwhile, Joe, you could send some pictures (and so could the rest of you).  Those were good ones of the guys weekend and the Idaho crew.  Some day people are going to look at them and wonder who are they.  Some we already do.

It's too early to see out the window to what the weather is going to be.  I can see the Metro Link go by every few minutes.  It's a commuting express between the city and county.  Scott and the boys ride it when they go to a Cardinal game on their way back to Louisville.  This avoids cost and delay in parking and traffic.  

I had dinner with my old friend who has been here in BJEC for six years.  He spent the first two years unable to get out of bed and is now walking on his own.  The therapy here is very encouraging.    He is an inspiration to all of the people here at BJEC.  He is is 70 years old, graduated from SLUH and Notre Dame, played football for Notre Dame, and is sure he has some life left in him.  We eat in the main dining room where he knows every one and they know him.  And now they all know me by name.  He would like to take me out to a restaurant.  I would probably have to get permission from my doctors.  I'm not sure.  Perhaps he would also."

No comments: