Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BJEC

Sue has had five stays now in Barnes Jewish Extended Care Facility about five minutes from our house.  The staff there are extremely capable and always kind.  Many of them go out of their way to ease the lives of the people who reside there.  Sue and I had an example of someone giving that extra effort this morning.

Sue was scheduled to be at Barnes Jewish Hospital in the Central West End at 10:00 am.  I called for her, and we went to the car, me pushing her in a wheelchair.  It was cold and blustery so we were hurrying.  A worker passing by asked if we wanted him to return the wheelchair for us.  I explained that I had to go back in to get a token for exiting the parking lot, so I would take it back.  Sue and I finished loading everything.  The worker returned with a token in hand and took the chair for us.

It was many small acts of kindness like his that made Sue's stays so much more pleasant and tolerable.  

No comments: