Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pink Sky in the Morning

i'm in Room 11492 at Barnes Jewish Hospital.  I think I've been in this very same room before.  Ir has a beautiful view overlooking Interstate 64 and a pink sky in the wee hours of the morning.  The people remember me from my previous stays and each time I get a new bracelet.  I told the admitting clerk I was tired of all this same old jewelry.  For the prices they charge, I could have diamonds instead.  Also. for the room service and the view and the prices they charge, I could stay at the Chase Park Plaza.  I'm having my second cup of coffee now as I wait for breakfast in bed.

I'm all hooked up to wires and monitors so the neurology staff can perhaps determine what and why part of my brain the seizures stem from.  I believe I'm also on a camera besides the wires and monitors.  They are keeping a closer watch on  me now than they did first time.  I had a seizure yesterday and wasn't aware of it but was disoriented for a bit per the staff.  I do remember thinking it was morning because I had a nightgown on and I  wanted coffee. I don't know if I had ant seizures in my sleep.  The staff hasn't said anything about it yet.  I don't know if that would be good or bad - hope for or hope against?

The RN just brought me my third cup of coffee and said said I had no more seizures during the night.  She did say that was what I'm here for so I could probably leave after I've had some more.  What she didn't know was where I could go.  Back to BJEC?? or home?

The sun is up now but the sky still looks pink.  This is a private room and I won't get a room mate.  This tiny TV is difficult for me to watch.  I believe my computer screen is just as big as the screen on that TV.

No comments: