Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back in Missouri

I'm back in Missouri.  Jalen was the designated driver for the trip while Scott sat in the back seat and played video games.  Chris met us at the half way point.  Brayden was still sleeping when we left Louisville.  I had my weekly visit with Pete and Janet while we were on the on the road.  Everything's good in Idaho.

While I was in Louisville I did some reading over some old entries in this Gazette, and they were much newsier than I remembered.  I'm going to try now to recapture some of the past.  I don't know how Mother did it, but she went from the farm to the store owner to a nurse's aid and raised all us kids.  Donald was 4 months old and I was only 20 months old when Dad died.   There were the rest of us, eight in all.  We had Social Security benefits, I guess.  We all turned out pretty well.

The photos we recently posted were precious.  I believe I have a box of even older ones at the lake house that I'll sort through next time I'm there.  Breakfast is about ready so I'll quit for now.

No comments: