Saturday, February 08, 2014

Cold Saturday Morning

We got a long day of doctoring done yesterday with lots of moving around then waiting.  Rose and Shirley had a meeting to go to last night.  While they were out, Chris and Shelly and Joann, Shelly's mother, came over to watch a movie with me.  I'm afraid I wasn't a very good hostess.  I fell asleep during the movie.   I woke up in time to go to bed and again had a good night's sleep.

It's still bitterly cold and we had more snow last night but not very much.  The forecast doesn't show a warming trend for a while.  Rose and Shirley are going  to Palm Island very soon, and Chris is taking vacation and spending the week at the lake house with me.  He knows that's my favorite place in the world.

I talked with Ron Reinhardt this week.  He's the guy who replaced Brick as accounting manager at GMAC and has long since retired.  He and his wife usually spend their winters in Florida, but his wife's sister is very ill so they didn't go this year.  We're going to get together soon.

Pete hasn't called yet and it's Saturday.  I'm going to quit typing, finish my coffee and wait for the phone to ring.

No comments: