Saturday, March 22, 2014

Friday Night and Saturday Morning

We just finished having dinner here at the house with a friend of several decades, and it was a delightful evening.  The friend is Liz Keay who now lives in Colorado.  She's coming again for breakfast on Sunday.  We don't get to see her very often.  Shirley and Rose made pork chops and sweet potatoes and salad for our supper.  Shirley made chocolate brownies for dessert.  I told her I thought 'chocolate brownies' was redundant but she says it's not.  She's the schoolteacher.   We're so glad.

Rose and Shirley were both gone this afternoon, and the CNA and I couldn't find the Cardinals on TV.  I finally managed to get in touch with Scott on his cell phone and ask where to find the game  He didn't know and told me reason nobody knows is because it's preseason and nobody gives a s---.  Pretty soon he called me back and told me they were on Fox.   I took a nap and still don't know if the Cardinals won.  Maybe I should be like everyone else.

No one has called me that I won any more March Madness basketball money.  I'm sure my sons or Goldman would tell me.

I was tired and went to sleep before I finished this update.  I'll go downstairs shortly when Rose gets up and we'll have that wonderful first cup of coffee.  I walked over 1100 steps yesterday, and plan on going to the Galleria with Rose.  The CNA from Martha's Hands doesn't come on weekends.  Maybe Chris will be over this way and walk outside with me.  The weather should cooperate.

Rose wants to go to the Apple Store at the Galleria, so I'll go along to get some steps in.  She's having some issues with the camera in her phone.

No comments: