Friday, March 07, 2014

Why I Love Apple

My MacBook Pro notebook computer is almost five years old.  Recently, the hard drive failed.  (Fortunately, I had a backup disk fully current.)  I took the computer to the Apple Store Genius Bar at the Galleria (thankfully, near by!), thinking I would probably have to replace it.  Five years for a computer is a lot like dog years--very old.  Also, the 250 gbyte hard drive was almost full.  The genius who diagnosed my problem recommended a new hard drive.  I had her install one with the idea in mind that I would sell or give away the computer and buy one more adequate to my needs.

When I picked up the repaired computer, I saw immediately the new hard drive is 500 gbyte, plenty of capacity, and Apple replaced it for the 250 gbyte price.  I told the store manager Apple just cost itself the sale of a new computer.  She smiled, no doubt knowing Apple had gained a lot in customer relations.

I'll save my rant about AT&T U-Verse for another time.


No comments: