Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Brother Bob's Favorite Story

We need some feedback to let us know the Gazette is more entertaining.  I sometimes think I've erased what I have tediously so typed in but Rose helps me find I haven't and I'm greatly relieved.  Everyone is taken with Face Book but I still prefer AOL.  Keep me on MarthaBoaz@aol.com.  (I may have put that in wrong but if you get it in right, you don't have to do it again.)

When we were kids, Mom took us to Kansas to see Uncle Bud and Aunt Lois.  Before they moved to Kansas they had lived 'on the hill' us and we often visited them.  In the car on the trip, we didn't have video games to play, we counted cows out the windows.  Brother Bob, who is now dead, loved this story also lived in Kansas.  When we got to Bud and Lois's place, I was sent by myself to the door to see if they'd recognize me.  Uncle Bud answered the door, looked me over. I waited a minute, and told him who I was.  He responded "Why, you used to be such a pretty little thing."  Then he hesitated and looked some more and said.  "Well, your hair's still pretty."

No comments: