Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring?//

I'm at the lake already after Scott brought me half way and Chris met me the other half to get back home from Louisville yesterday and spending the night in St. Louis.  When  I got up yesterday morning at Scott's, I saw a man looking up in one of his trees.  The pine tree, not the mimosa.  I asked Beth what was he doing.  Their neighbors have a pet parrot and it had escaped and they were trying to retrieve it.  Other neighbors assisted but Scott says the few mornings he has off - once was a horse and now it's a parrot.  He was sure they would get it without his help - and they did.

It's a dismal dreary day.  Joe (Linda's husband) picked me up after he dropped their daughter off at work.  He's never met Shirley and was a bit early today hoping catch her but 'maybe next time.'  She had to go to the doctor, something about her finger.  They were in Branson for Tom and Lydia's first anniversary this weekend.  They stopped at Marshfield and had an ice cream at Culver's on the way back.  I guess Miss Muzzy's has closed.  The Marshfield Mail is still there.  Remember, Margaret used to work here.

Linda is also a Cardinal fan and we're looking forward to some games this week.  I've invited Brother Joe to come up whenever he isn't busy but haven't heard back from him.   Springfield has a minor league team and Brayden told me they're good too.  I think Joe likes them also.

Mad Dog had contacted the company who winterizes and dewintertizes the boat before I even knew about knew it and while I was just worrying about it.  Doug takes care of the wave runner.  The boat's ready to go.  Just looking forward to good weather.






No comments: