Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday in St. Louis

Chris and Shelly brought dinner last night and visited with me while Rose and Shirley went to a meeting and dinner for the Jung Society.  It was pot roast with potatoes and carrots.  They also brough belated birthday cupcakes from my favorite bakery for dessert.  Between Shirley and Shelley, they're determined to pork me up.  Petrina and Linda help.

Chris and Shelly also brought me a belated birthday present.  It's some horehound candy that they bought when they were in Colorado.  Shelly told him this wasn't a very appropriate gift to give his mother.  I have a picture at the lake house entitled 'woman with a checkered past'.  The candy seems to go with that painting.  When we were kids, we would get horehound candy.  So did Scott and Chris when they were young.  I believe he still likes it, even though the package was still sealed so he hadn't sampled it.

Shirley is flying to New Orleans today until Wednesday.  Rose has a meeting this afternoon.  I'm going to watch the Cardinals.

 I'm still looking for someone to fill in at the lake when Linda can't be there.  My cell number is 314-452-3685 and my email address is marthaboaz@aol.com

The pot roast dinner that Shelly made last night was delicious.  When I was about half way through eating, she asked me how I liked it.  I told her I thought it was very good.  She had marinated it and then cooked it in her crock pot and then after a while added the vegetables.  Then she told me the meat was venison and asked if I could tell it from beef.  I couldn't.  She didn't remember that I'd lived with Janet and Pete that year and Janet cooked a lot of deer meat so deliciously, and I don't believe there were crock pots in 1960.

No comments: