Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Home After Holiday

It was a great weekend with lots of company and boating and wave running. It was just over too soon. We were the last to get there Friday, and I'm not sure what time everyone else went to bed.  I visited for a few minutes and retired.  Mad Dog had watered the plants and fed the humming birds in my absence, and I found out that humming birds even eat at night.  Scott says there are no humming birds in Kentucky and Groves, who used to live there, vouched for that.  He wouldn't let me get him a humming bird feeder.  There are lots of them in Missouri, especially around the lake.

Scott and Beth got a trip to Mexico for a wedding gift and he just called for his father's DOB and place of birth for applying for his passport.  We're looking forward to keeping the boys while they're gone.

Jalen and Dillon and Jake were all old enough and legal to ride (had their licenses} or drive the wave runner and did a good job.  Doug and Jalen showed his two friends the basics after they had taken the manual test, so they knew the rules.  All of them liked tubing and the boat.  Most everyone went to Jolly Roger's Sunday afternoon.  It's a family restaurant.  I chose not to go.  Brayden was concerned about going to a "bar", but Josie was going and they all went in the boat, so he went.

Brayden caught five fish, the biggest one and the smallest one caught.  Doug and I were sitting on the deck when Josie and Brayden were down at the boat dock fishing.  I asked Doug what would they do if they caught one and he said "Probably call me."  About that time they started yelling.  "Doug,  Dad!"  We thought they had one.  Doug hustled down there only to find they'd broken a pole.  Jalen says he's going to learn to clean them next time.

I'll write more today.  Talked to Pete on Saturday.  Everything is good in Idaho.


No comments: