Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day at the Lake

I got back to the lake last night after a long drive for Scott and Beth. We had to bring two cars since we had seven people but Jalen is old enough to help with some of the driving. He's 16 and I don't think he seemed to mind. I can still remember when Pete let me drive. He brought two friends with him. Doug, Suzanne, Josie, Lucas, Groves, and Mad Dog were already here when we arrived. The teenagers went to the pool when we got here and I went to bed. I don't know what the rest of them went to bed. I didn't hear a thing. Mad Dog watered the plants and fed the humming birds while I was gone. Doug says he would have brought a shotgun if he'd known about the humming birds swarming. Scott says there are no humming birds in Kentucky and wouldn't get a feeder. The plants are beautiful and it's raining this morning which is good for them but bad for the kids. I've already talked to Rose and to Pete this morning. Nothing new with them. Pete hadn't talked with Joe yet.

No comments: