Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's Hot and Windy

Linda and I have decided to go to the Blue Heron Restaurant on Thursday this week.  It's a restaurant we've tried to go to and either decided we couldn't afford it, or got there and it was closed. Now we know they are open and have decided to splurge.  Linda found they don't take reservations, called up the menu, and we're going Thursday night.  She treats me every time she cooks so it will be extra special for me to treat her.  They even charge for the water there.  We may take our own from here at the house.

The Cardinals are on a real tear.  We watched the game last night and are going to do so tonight.  I called Scott to ask if Brayden had a game but it's practice tonight.  He (Scott) was watching the soccer tournament but was going to tune in the Cardinals when that was over.  Joe (Linda's husband) is also fascinated with soccer, and Linda said he was watching that tournament.

We haven't seen Mad Dog yet.  I have a few chores for him and expect him this afternoon.  Granny (me) awoke super early.  My kitchen table is 30 years old and needs replacing though the chairs are still really good.  I hate to part with it but may have to.  It doesn't hold a leaf but has served many a meal and many people over the years.  Doug has looked it over but  may have fixed it for the final time.

No comments: