Saturday, June 14, 2014

News from the Madden Family

Sue got this e-mail from our cousin, Mike Madden.  Mike gives us an update on his mother (our Aunt Virginia) who, at age 88, is the last living one of Mother's family of origin.   Aunt Virginia was married to Mother's younger brother, Curt.  They had three sons, Mike, Brian, and Sean.

"Hi, Sue.  Mom has rallied a bit after they took her off almost all the medication they had her on.  I set her up with an IPOD hooked to a clock radio and bought her all the old music she used to love.  That made a huge difference in her memory.  She is 88 now.

I am engaged to beautiful girl named Sandra Smith.  Her family is from the Hermann area out around the town of Frankenstein.  She is an interior designer so my house now looks spectacular.  Wedding plans are still in the planning stage.  We better hurry, though, because the honeymoon is the second week of September.  We are going to Rome, Florence and Positano, Italy.

Sean is now manager of a large supermarket in Ozark, MO.  I'm proud of him.  He has really done well.  I'm living in Overland Park still, but I run a health care company in Santa Ana, CA (Orange County).  I'm there most weeks, but I travel to customers and conferences about half the year.  I still have a vineyard down by Stockton lake, but there was a really late freeze that killed about half the plants back in May.

I would love to have copies of the old pictures.  Can Shirley scan them and send via email?  I can enhance them and print here.  I have several old ones blown up to poster size and mounted in my office here.

I will get back on to the gazette posts shortly.  This new company I'm running is sucking the life out of me, but I'll sell it soon and retire again.

Tell me about you.  How are you feeling?  Ever travel to Kansas City?  If you come and don't stay with me, I'll be disappointed.  I have a huge house and only the two of us in it.  I keep up with Stephanie and Sabrina on Facebook.

Look at my page on Facebook when you get a chance.

Mike"

No comments: