Friday, June 20, 2014

Rain Delay

After a delightful stay at the lake, I'm back in St. Louis.  Mad Dog came over this morning to do a few chores and finish closing up.  Linda and I stopped at Culver's in Jefferson City again for lunch.  We were near where Lydia, their daughter works, about the time Lydia was to get off work, so we stopped and picked her up.  Normally she rides the bus at least part of the distance and it was pouring rain so she didn't need to walk to the bus stop.  We were a blessing.

I must have missed a wonderful get together last night and I understand they are cooking up another one that Shirley and I can also attend.  Sabrina and some of her family are coming to the lake the following weekend.  I'll go down with them on Friday unless anyone else would also like to go sooner.  It's been hot and dry all week but got wet and they're finally playing the Cardinal game right now.

No comments: