Thursday, July 03, 2014

2014 Fourth of July

It's chilly this morning.  We have the windows open and the air conditioner off.  Mad Dog will probably still go over and turn adjust the thermostat since it will be late afternoon before we arrive and getting warm.  According to the forecast, the weekend should be nice weather wise and not blistering hot.  I believe I have sunscreen enough for everyone.

Mark Goldman, his fiancĂ© Joy, and her son Lucas came over last night for a visit and to show us Joy's ring.  The ring was Mark's grandmother's and is beautiful, as is Joy.  Joy's other son Drew was working so we'll meet him later.  Lucas and Brayden are the same age, and Drew is about a year older than Jalen.  Mark, Joy, and Lucas are coming to the lake for the weekend.  Drew has to work.  Mark and Joy's wedding is coming up--a joyful occasion (pun intended).  They are a beautiful couple, and both Joy' sons adore Mark.  But, then, all kids do.

I'm disappointed that neither of my sons nor my grandsons will be with me this Fourth.  Chris is on call and Shelly has to work.  Brayden has an All Star Game.  He predicted being on the All Star Team would "ruin his summer."  I didn't know it would hurt mine too.  I'm very proud of him and his All Star position.  Jalen has a job at a Kroger.  I'm not sure what his hours or duties are. but he loves being at the lake too.  If Brayden's team loses two consecutive games, they will be eliminated.  I don't know what to hope for.  Too late for the Fourth but there are other weekends.

Brother Joe has a standing invitation at the lake house.  Donald and Vita are in Europe for a few weeks.  I'm not sure when they left nor when they're returning.  Donald didn't think the girls were going to go to the lake this weekend, either of them.  Do both of them still live in Plattsburgh?

Time for breakfast and some exercise.









No comments: