Saturday, July 05, 2014

HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Sue sent the following update from the lake just now:

There are so many people here at the lake house for this Fourth of July that I haven't been able to count them.  Doug has taken the kids for several boat rides and tube rides.  The wave runner is still in for repairs but no one seem to miss it.  The pool and lake and boat and eating keeps everyone entertained.  Derrington brought his camper, and we had a group sleeping in it.  Luckily, none of the neighbors is here so we had plenty of parking spots.  We had a fireworks display last night but I slept right through it.  I think they're planning on another one tonight.  Fireworks were cheaper when they bought more today

Brayden had his first All Star Game today, and his team lost.  Scott said he played well.  Brayden's team plays again tomorrow and if they win that one, I'm not sure what happens.  I asked Scott if Brayden was upset but he didn't think so because he played really well.

Of course I've talked to Pete and Rose today.  I just had Goldman count and there are 17 visitors here at the lake.  I guess 16 because I'm not a visitor.  Doug trimmed the trees that Denny planted so many years ago.  I don't think Doug did much fishing even though he bought six dozen medium shiners like Den used to do.

The weather has been perfect - not too hot.  No rain.  Both the guys and girls have done the cooking and dishes and  grocery shopping.  Chris and I are coming back next weekend.

No comments: