Saturday, August 02, 2014

AUGUST 2, 2014, UPDATE

Rose is typing this for me.  I am sitting here in Lake Regional Hospital at Lake Ozark. The plan is that I will be released on Monday.  Shelly, Chris' wife, will call for me, and I'll transfer to Barnes Jewish Extended Care in St. Louis for intensive physical therapy rehab.  I am going to be even more delighted than usual to see Shelly on Monday.  I am much improved but have lost strength from lying in bed almost two weeks.

These past two weeks have been pretty horrible, but tolerable only because of Beth and her friend, and Linda.  My former neighbor Leslie in Springfield surprised and delighted me with a visit yesterday.  Rose will post photos later.  I've watched a lot of Cardinals baseball although the games haven't cheered me much.

This hospital is very fine.  The staff who tend--nurses, physicians, physical therapists, the cleaning people--are universally kind.  It is right off Highway 54, but Rose managed to get very lost coming the lake house to here this morning.

Scott and Beth left early this morning for their delayed honeymoon in Mexico, a gift from Beth's former employer.  When Beth, Jalen, and Brayden came through St. Louis on July 19, Beth lost her engagement ring.  It was a fine ring I had gifted to her and Scott last year.  She was heartbroken about it.  On Friday a Charter Communications technician working at Rose and Shirley's came into the house with the ring and diamond in his palm.  He had found them on the street in front of the house.  The diamond and ring were separated, obviously run over by one or more cars.  But the ring can readily be repaired.  Needless to say, Beth was ecstatic.  When Rose called her, she teared up.

All reports are that Margaret is home and doing very well, back to playing yahtzee with the family.

No comments: