Friday, August 15, 2014

Unusual Prayer Delivery--From a 1940 Teletype Machine on a Train

Brother Joe sent this intriguing e-mail today:

To Sue & Rose:

Saturday, at the RR Museum, two fairly dressed men came by my station (Teletype Machine, 1940 vintage)

In short discussion, one said he had used these machines in the past so I offered my seat for him to do some typing.  While he was typing "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of his party", the other fellow & I started talking.
Sequence I don't remember exactly.   Somewhere  in the conversation I asked if they were with the big 100 year celebration of Assemblies of God.  (both of them had an accent) He said no,  they were from St. Louis (I mentioned the e-mail from you about Sue being in Barnes Jewish Hospital.
(This was before I got the info Sue was at St. Mary's)   He said "No, he was a surgeon at Mercy Hospital in STL)  Further mentioning Sue's condition, he asked my thoughts in prayers. I said something like "I have never known it to hurt"  He said he would like to write down a prayer for Sue so I said how about your buddy typing it on the teletype machine.

Here it is:



No comments: