Monday, October 13, 2014

Update from Sue

Rose and Shirley''s plane hadn't left the ground on Friday when I began having  troubles with my computer.   Linda and her husband, Joe, came over and Linda worked on it.  We could not fix it.  The office manager assistant told us it was possibly something wrong in the BJEC system.  Chris came by after work today and got me back on AOL.  Linda has been here every day and is coming after Bible Study tomorrow.

There were eleven guys at the lake house this weekend.   I haven't heard many details and I'm not sure I want to.  They are grown men.  

Rose and Shirley left for Sedona on Friday and plan to return late on the 18th of October.  Rose's birthday is Thursday, 23rd and I'll be home by then.  As is my usual, I will not post her age.  I will ask her to edit this and see what she says or adds.  [Rose here, adding only that Sue has done miraculously well in rehab, has worked very hard, and will be home for my birthday.]

This institution (BJEC) hasn't been televising all the Cardinal games.  We didn't get to see the game last night but I've heard we'll get Fox Sport One for tomorrow's game.  He knew knew the game wasn't going to be shown here,  that I would fall asleep, and wake up and want to know who won.  He stopped in to see me yesterday on his way from the Lake back to Louisville and told me about the Cardinal win and Wong's walk off home run..   

My room mate is a lovely woman from Mount Vernon, IL., a small town not far from Evansville, IL., the town Brick was from.  She and I have lunch in our room every day, but I can't get her to go to dinner with me in the dining room on the main floor.

I had my first whirlpool bath (at age 71!) and surely hope to have some more. Two Washington University student nurses assisted me, and it was a luxury.  They aren't here doing that work everyday, but I'm going to request a whirlpool whenever I may have the option.

My three therapists continue to help me, and my sessions go too quickly. I believe I can do more but best not overdo.  They are encouraging but careful.  All are amazed at my progress.

Brother Pete teases me about Jack, and now the assistants have decided he's sweet on me.  We do have dinner together every evening, and they tell me where he is if he's late.  At one time, he played football for Notre Dame and wants ne to look him up on the computer.

No comments: