Wednesday, February 25, 2015

UPDATE FROM STEPHANIE

Stephanie sent this update for the Gazette this evening:

"I went today and had my next round of blood work done.

My numbers have rebounded and are back in the normal range. That means I still need to be careful, but no more masks when I go out. Hand washing, avoiding those with colds or the flu, and being extra cautious when I am around crowds (I believe the exact words were "This doesn't mean you can run out and go to Target."), and extra care to make sure I don't catch anything are still required, but I can now eat fresh fruits and veggies again and if I am feeling up to it, go to church. So yay! Thank you all for the prayers.

After my blood draw, I went and got my hair cut, since it is going to start falling out, and with it cut it won't look quite so scraggly. Then my neighbor and I went to lunch and had a margarita to celebrate the good blood work.

I came home then and took a 3 hour nap. I am still exhausted...but they have told me to expect that.

Next week I have doctor appointments on Monday, then a lumbar puncture with chemo on Tuesday, then Wednesday another visit with the oncologist, followed by my 2nd round of Chemo.  If that goes well, chemo will be done on Wednesday, and then the Neulasta shot on Thursday.  If there are too many complications then they will spread the chemo over Wednesday and Thursday like the last time, with the shot on Friday.  Regardless it is going to be a long week, and I would appreciate prayers.  I have rides arranged for every day, with Jacob and my church family.  They are so awesome.

Friends provided dinner tonight...pork roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, with chocolate pudding for dessert.  They will be providing dinners every Wednesday as long as I am in treatment and will also be cleaning my house for me every other week.  I got an amazing gift from a very special person of a Roomba iRobot, and it works awesome for between times.  Dan is doing all the work around here, as I am not allowed to do ANYTHING, with the exception of eating, sleeping, and playing games.  It gets boring for me and I am sure it is overwhelming for him, so please lift him in your prayers.  He is an exceptional man.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers.  God bless all of you!

Stef

---------------------

Thank you, Stephanie.  So good to hear uplifting news--both about your progress and about your wonderful support system.



No comments: