Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Update from Stephanie

Stephanie sent this update on her progress:

"Hi Tante!

Just wanted to send an update for the blog.  Doctor has decided to up my pain meds in an effort to control the break through pain.  Chemo went well.  All is about as well as can be expected here at our house.  Hope all is well at yours.  Tell Aunt Sue and Aunt Shirley we love them, and we love you mieces to pieces!

Thank you for all the prayers...they definitely work! The chemo infusion went well. Catrina and I arrived at 9 am, had blood work done, saw the doctor, then headed over to the infusion center. They got started between 9:30 and 10 and I got done at about 3. Just as we finished up, Sara StClair arrived with dinner and flowers for me. We are so blessed by this church family of ours, and doubly blessed by my blood family. We stopped at the pharmacy on the way home to drop off new prescriptions. The doctor has decided to double my pain medications, since the break through pain is getting worse in my hips and legs. Hopefully that will take care of that problem and I can start getting some rest when I am sleeping.

Tomorrow is an easy day, just an injection of Neulasta and I am done until next Wednesday when I need to have blood drawn again. The following week I will need to have a repeat of the PET/CT scan to insure that the chemo is killing what it is supposed to be killing, plus blood work, and then the following week chemo.

My goal for this weekend is to make it to church on Sunday. I will wear a mask just to be on the safe side, but I really feel the need to praise our awesome God with my church family.
“Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” Matthew 21:22
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:13-14

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. James 5:14-16

Love you and thank you for all the prayers and kind thoughts!

Stef"

We are holding Stephanie close in our hearts.  She is fortunate to have such loving family and church community who have rallied to her and Dan through this very rough patch.

No comments: