Friday, April 17, 2015

A Television Show


Janet and Pete recommended another BBC television series to us, "Call the Midwife."  We are hooked on it.  The premise of the show is quite simple.  A group of nuns and nurse midwives provide healthcare, especially prenatal and natal care, to people in a very poor part of London in the 1940's and 50's.  I have watched all the past shows by purchasing them from Amazon.com and watching them on my iPad (my private television set, as it turns out).  Shirley and Sue are catching up.   This is the most gripping television I have seen since the 1980's when I was similarly hooked on "I, Claudius," also a BBC presentation.

At Janet and Pete's recommend, we also watched "The Bletchley Circle."  Wonderful, too.  We are waiting for further guidance on great entertainment. 

No comments: