Friday, April 03, 2015

Good Friday With Several Changes

It's Good Friday.  The home healthcare nurse came yesterday and will only come one more time.  My heart rate was good and my blood pressure was also good.  I thought the occupational therapist was going to come back but maybe I was mistaken.   I keep doing alI can.  Marnett took me to my neurologist appointment on Wednesday, and I don't have to go back to see him for several months,

Brayden and Beth leave Louisville! tonight and will meet Chris in St. Louis.  .  Beth is going on a cruise with her mother and a girlfriend.  Chris, Shelly and Brayden will go on to Colorado on their ski trip.

We had three young men here for dinner who had recently returned from Colorado, and they said there's plenty of snow for skiing,  They are bikers, rock climbers, and also skiers.    We're not sure about where in Colorado the Spreitlers are staying but maybe we'll find out soon.

I'm waiting on Marnett to assist me in the shower, to help me with my exercises, and perhaps go out to lunch with me.  Plans change around here (sometimes even after I have gone to bed) and I don't know about the change until the next day or so.

Now PLANS HAVE CHANGED.  Highway 64 in Louisville is closed because of flooding (Ohio River?),  and Brayden's and Beth's schools are closed too.  Beth is bringing Brayden to St. Louis today so we're hoping to get to see more of them.  Brayden and Beth are both on Spring Break.  They will go home together next weekend upon their returns to St. Louis.

I interviewed a woman this week who is a potential for a summer companion at the lake. She came with Marnett on Monday briefly and is highly recommended by Marnett.  She doesn't have any small children and has a nice car.  She's coming back on Monday for more orientation.   I haven't definitely hired her yet, but she's a real possibility.  I'm wanting to spend some Spring time at the lake also.

The deck at the lake really needs staining, and I believe I may have some of the stain in the storage shed.  If not, I'll get it.  I would really like to get done before summer gets here.

I'm sitting by the front window hoping to see Beth and Brayden arrive.

Now, plans have changed again.  Chris is coming over here with Brayden so we will get to see them today.  We're going to convince them they should stay and have salad (leftover from last night)  and we'll order in a pizza for the main course.  Beth is spending the evening with her girlfriend.  Shelly is packing for the Colorado trip.

We'll take some pictures and post them.  They're not here yet.

No comments: