Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I've had to trade my short sleeved shirt and shorts for long johns. It's been snowing all day long and I think Rose has shoveled the front sidewalks three times. We must have 8 or 9 inches and I think it's finally letting up but coming down some still. Shirley is driving to Chicago tomorrow and is not looking forward to it at all.

Joe went to Kansas City yesterday with Lisa for her to see her eye doctor. I don't think they got snowed on. Lisa and Lydia and a high school group are leaving for a week in Paris on March 15. A dinner in the Eiffel Tower is on their schedule. What an exciting adventure!

Beth, Lydia's mom, continues to work toward completion of her MBA and should finish this summer. Dave is taking some sort of preliminary airplane pilot lessons. Joe, aren't sailboats much safer?

Joe has signed up for an advanced genealogy course titled "CEG - 406-01 Genealogy - Beyond Basics" at the Ozark Technical College. I'm taking a course in Jungian psychology that Rose and a colleague are teaching online. I've been accused of being teacher's pet and I need all the help I can get. It's been 45 years since I've had homework but I'm enjoying it more now than I did then.

Rose and I went for mammograms on February 12. My report came back fine after the first check but Rose had to go back for more extensive testing. I was having my eyes checked yesterday while she was having her additional tests and we thought we'd be done at about the same time. I had an eye exam, pupils dilated, picked out new frames, got re-examined after pupils dilated, and then waited over an hour for her. She said the procedure should have been called a MANogram. This mammogram was much more involved than the ones that she and I had on the 12th. It took over two hours and as she put it, they put her through a torture chamber. She is sure the procedure was invented by a man. When she was all finished they told her she was fine and to come back in a year. She and I both urge all women to have this done yearly.

I saw the neurosurgeon yesterday and he said my incisions had healed up nicely. He didn't comment on my butch haircut. Rose and I went to the post office this afternoon and she remarked that she hadn't combed her hair today. I topped that. I hadn't combed mine yesterday either. I go in the hospital for my IVIG tomorrow and plan to work on my homework while I'm stuck there. Shirley just cleaned the front sidewalks again. Hopefully, the snow has quit.

No comments: