Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We had Brayden from Wednesday to Sunday so didn't have much time to post an update on the blog. He and I spent Friday night and Saturday night with Suzanne, Lukas, and Josie and he was really glad to get away from all these 'old' people. Rose and Shirley had out of town guests coming in on Friday and he took me aside and asked me confidentially if these people were going to be old too. He and Josie and Lukas played hard and did not want to go to bed at night.

The harem got a lot done at the lake house. Rose and I plan to go down and back tomorrow cause we can't wait to see it. The steps between the houses are done. The kitchen project is complete. The weather was bad and time ran out so they didn't get the deck power washed and stained but the foreman (Doug) has a schedule for completing those things. Doug gets one thing done and his mind is already on the next one.

My boat was in the shop all winter and this hillbilly assured me it was fixed when he brought it back a couple weeks ago so I paid him. It had been overheating. The boys finally drove it Saturday afternoon and it heated up after about 5 minutes of running. Doug is going to meet him Saturday afternoon and take him for a ride. The hillbilly says it can't be overheating. I'm sure I won't get my money back and it's too late to stop payment on the check. It's already cleared the bank. At my age I should be smarter.

Shirley went yesterday for her final results on her breast scare and got a complete everything's okay. She doesn't have to go back for six months and what they found was nothing to worry about. She told me in some technical terms but the bottom line was she's fine.

Fr. Ed Schramm, who was pastor at Holy Angels parish when Chris taught there, died on Sunday. He was also a good friend of Rose's. When Chris taught at Holy Angels he and Fr. Ed were the only two males so, when the teachers needed something from Fr. Ed, they sent Chris to ask. He really had no choice. He couldn't say no to all those teachers. Fr. Ed was a wonderful man and taught Chris a lot.

We're hoping Joe can meet us at the lake house and we can all have an early dinner at my favorite restaurant, Ruthie D's. Pete, does, does he have your credit card?

I hope this entry makes sense. I'm in the process of changing meds for my seizures and accidentally took an overdose of one yesterday but I'm getting back to normal this morning. Breakfast is ready and Rose is calling me.

No comments: